Saturday, November 17, 2012

Without You



I watched a movie called Tum Bin (Without You) (2001) which is a first effort for many of the people behind it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0290326/
Watch it on Youtube

The plot is challenging, the male lead gets introduced to us as a hit-and-run driver and needs to redeem himself. He gets to know the victim's family and of course he falls in love.

I'm happy to report that I caught a Hindi word here and there. Even some expressions that I previously blogged about.. They say several times that "Sab theek ho jayega"  सब कुछ ठीक हो जाएगा   and a comic relief minor character (I'm not sure what he's doing there) is "Kambakkht" when someone tells him he's an idiot.

Another way of saying "Without you" is "Bin tere"
Bin tere with Lyrics
Video from the movie I Hate Luv Storys featuring Imran Khan and Sonam Kapoor
Bin Tere unplugged with lyrics
 http://www.bollymeaning.com/2010/08/bin-tere-unplugged-lyrics-meaning.html

Not really sure about the grammar there, why is there "tere" in the other title and "tum" in the other. And is the order of the words interchangeable? I'll have to find out.

Another nice song called Tere Bin

No comments:

Post a Comment