Sunday, November 18, 2012

Miscellaneous links: Bright Hub of education

Learning Hindi Terms for Means of Transportation

Learning Hindi: When Love Is In the Air

Learning Hindi For Use During Train Travel
  • Where is the railway stationlocal ticket counter? - Railway station/Local ticket ka counter kahan hai?
  • I want to go to the railway station - Mujhe railway station jana hai
  • Where is the entrance to the railway station? - Railway station ke andar jane ke liye rasta kahan hai? /Railway station ka prawesh dwar kahan hai?
  • Where can I make out of town ticket reservations? -
  • Main bahar gaon ke liye ticket reservation kahan kar sakta hoon? (m.) Main bahar gaon ke liye ticket reservation kahan kar sakti hoon? (f.)
  • I want a sleeper coach/ first class AC ticket/window seat. - Mujhe sleeper coach/First Class AC ka ticket/window seat chahiye.
  • I want to book a coupe. - Mujhe coupe ka booking karna hai.
  • I want an upper/lower berth. - Mujhe uparwala/  nichaywala berth chahiye.

  • I want to get a monthly travel pass - Mujhe monthly pass nikalna hai.
  • I want tickets for two. - Mujha do ticket chahiye.
  • Where can I see the train schedules? -
  • Main train ka schedule kahan dekh sakta hoon? (m.) Main train ka schedule kahan dekh sakti hoon? (f.)
  • I would like to buy a train time table - Mujhe train ka time table kharidna hain.
  • I want to know if there is a train for XYZ today - XYZ ke liye train hain kya aaj?
  • What time does it come/leave? - Kitne baje aayegi/jayegi?
  • How much to carry my luggage, brother? - Saaman uthanay ka kitna, bhaiyya?
  • I will purchase my ticket through a vending machine -
  • Main mera ticket vending machine say kharid loonga (m.) Main mera ticket vending machine say kharid loongi (f.)
  • I like the food served at the railway canteen. The food here is very tasty. - Mujhe railway canteen main ka khana pasand hai. Yahan ka khana bahoot swadisht hain.
  • I'm going to have an espresso from the coffee stall. -
  • Main coffee stall say espresso lene wala hoon. (m.) Main coffee stall say espresso lene wali hoon. (f.)
  • I'm going to buy a magazine or a book to read on the train. -
  • Main train main padne ke liye magazine ya kitab kharidne wala hoon (m.) Main train main padne ke liye magazine ya kitab kharidne wali hoon (f.)
  • They often serve excellent meals on Indian Railways. - Bharatiya railway main aksar ekdum khas khana milta hain.
  • You can get vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian food - Aapko shakahari aur uske vyatirikta masahari khana bhi mil sakta hain.
  • Here's my ticket. - Ye lo mera ticket.
  • Excuse me, I think this is my seat. - Maf karna, mujhe lagta hai yeh meri seat hai.
Learn to Speak Hindi: Visiting the Vegetable Market

Learning Useful Hindi Food and Dinner Vocabulary

Learning Hindi: "Taking a Bus Ride."

Learning Hindi Conversational Skills

Learning and Understanding Nouns in Hindi (Sangya)

Random expressions:
दिल्ली भारत की राजधानी है।   -  dilli bharat ki rajdhani hai  - Delhi is the capital of India.

सदा सच बोलो । sada sach bolo   -Always speak the truth. 

  1. hathi paani pe raha hai. (The elephant is drinking water.)
  2. ladke bageche main khel rahe hai.  (The boys are playing in the garden.)
  3. reena school ja rahi hai. (Reena is going to school.)
  4. chandi ek kimti dhatu hai. (Silver is an expensive metal.)
  5. mohan ek bahadur ladka hai.  (Mohan is a brave boy.)
  6. jungle mein bahut saare ped hai. (There are many trees in the jungle.)
  7. bhuk aadmi se kuch bhi karva sakti hai. (Hunger can make a man do anything.)
  8. sundarta dekhne vale ki nazar mein hoti hai. (Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. )

No comments:

Post a Comment