Friday, June 28, 2013

Waise bhi perfection ko improve karna mushkil hota hai

I have now watched Dil Chahta Hai often enough (fastforwarding through some scenes) that I'm starting to be able to understand parts of it without the subtitles. I am already there with Jab We Met. I sometimes have one of these movies running in a small window in the top left corner of my screen while I'm doing something else on the computer, working under the assumption that hearing a lot of the language would tune the ear to the intonation and make it easier to distinguish the sounds and the words. Maybe I should pick some other films though, I don't want to get bored sick of my favorites. But I'm weird that way, I have some comfort films that I've been known to watch  tons of times and these two are joining the select group.You just can't improve on perfection. Another new fave is Three idiots. And I love Taare Zameen Par.

You can't go wrong with Aamir Khan? I'll have to find out, I have several of his movies on my watch list.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife is also a fan of Aamir Khan. Are you going to watch Dhoom 3? You can see him in the rare role of the bad guy. :) He was a bad guy in Fanaa also; I'm not sure if he has been an antagonist in any other movies. Do any theaters that are near to you show Indian movies? Amazingly, here in Birmingham (Alabama), there are actually two theaters that show Hindi movies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you! Dhoom 3 looks interesting but unfortunately I'm pretty far from any theaters with Hindi movies so I'll have to wait a bit until it's available online or on DVD.

    ReplyDelete