Monday, October 29, 2012

Learning Devanagari: (अ -a) and (आ -aa)

I'm struggling with the Devanagari script and I thought I would dedicate a post to each letter to help me remember. This is just a random collection of words using the letter. Hopefully the squiggles will eventually start to mean something to me ;)
I may add more words later.

अ -a

आ -aa


ा -long a -dependent form with a consonant

 


आप                 aap - you (polite)

अपना              apna -own


आदमी             (m) admi -man

अच्छा             accha - good

आज               aaj today

आजकल        aaj kal - nowadays

आना              aanaa- come, walk, etc.

अंग्रेज              angrez -English, British

अमरीकी          amriki -American

अफ़्रीकी          afriki -African

आस्ट्रेलियाई -  āsṭrēliyā'ī -Australian

अंटार्कटिका     -Antarctica

अंधा               andhā -blind


1 comment:

  1. Article contains so many fruitful information which will be liked by the readers as in my opinion
    this is the best article in this category.
    All encyclopedia

    ReplyDelete