Sunday, August 18, 2013

BBC Hindi



I have recently found the BBC Hindi site. http://www.bbc.co.uk/hindi/

I like to watch the videos as I can sometimes tell what they're talking about (I was so happy today when  found an interview in which Sonakshi Sinha spoke something about her upcoming film Once Upon a time in Mumbai Doobara and I easily understood her saying that masala type films were her first love).   Doing spelling exercises in Memrise has helped me with the reading so I can better figure out the texts too. I can't tackle anything longer than a headline  yet but I'm recognizing words easier now. I still haven't quite grasped all the different versions of the d's and t's and dh's and th's and am easily confused by compound characters but I'm getting better at guessing. Google Translate helps when all else fails. 
Here's how to write Facebook:   फ़ेसबुक
Obama ओबामा
Usain Bolt यूसैन बोल्ट

1 comment:

  1. I read BBC Hindi often. I've learned a lot of vocabulary and grammar by reading its articles. The style of writing is formal but natural, so it is a good way to learn more formal Hindi. BBC Hindi has less tabloid journalism that other Hindi news websites, and a wide variety of topics. If you look on the hindilanguage.info Facebook page, I've listed vocabulary words for several articles. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete